Friday, June 18, 2010

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stiegg Larsson

I'll celebrate summer solstice with a great summer read - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Although previous books reviewed have been more classic, I think there is a lot of value that serves for purely entertainment -- not much thinking required and an enjoyable story.

The story follows a discredited journalist and an eccentric hacker tasked to investigate a dead end murder case and exposing corporate corruption. The story takes maybe 100 pages to really grab your attention, but the last 500+ pages read really quickly. I was expecting a few more twists and turns within the story, but it was is entertaining nonetheless.

My only complaint (and it actually did bother me) from this book was the references the author used to popular technology products that are now out of date. I guess at the time he wrote this book the iBook was quite new but now it seems pretty outdated. I'm not sure the reason behind dropping these references because certainly he would realize that within two years no one is really going to be impressed that his characters were using an iBook. I'll admit it's a small detail but I found it pretty frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment