Thursday, July 1, 2010

I am in the middle of a few books and thus have not put the proper energy into finished any of them yet resulting in a lack of blog posts recently. However, I'm quite exciting about the books upcoming that I will be reviewing.

Those books will be Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis and Seeds by Thomas Merton. Also, Atlas Shrugged is hopefully coming this summer if I ever hack my way through it. I started it a few years ago but had to set it aside 500 pages into it. However, I've committed to read it from the beginning and am listening to it on cd---the book on tape is an intimidating 50 discs!

In the meantime, there's a great organization in Lexington, Kentucky called the International Book Project that works with Peace Corps and schools and orphanages overseas by donating various types of books and educational materials. They do great work and, unfortunately, are known more around the world then they are in Lexington. Please visit the website (http://www.intlbookproject.org/) and familiarize yourself with the organization and, if possible, get involved with their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment